Second visit: The second visit is approximately 45 minutes. The doctor will go over the patient’s particular case and provide handouts and recommendations for care and goals. There will be an explanation of our office policies and, if applicable, patient insurance information. The first adjustment will occur on this visit.
Follow up visits: You should allow 20- 30 minutes for follow up visits. This allows time for check in/out, a few restful minutes before and after your adjustment and sufficient coaching time with the doctor.
- More freedom of movement
- Better balance
- More awareness of your spine, its movements, areas of tightness and restrictions
- Improved breathing ability
- Increased awareness of when your body is under stress
- More emotional relaxation, and generalized feeling of well being
- Eat a well balanced, healthy diet
- Stretch back and leg muscles
- Sleep on side, with a pillow between the knees and hugging a pillow to the chest, or on the back with a pillow placed beneath the knees.
- Avoid stomach sleeping as it puts excess pressure on the neck and important nerves that pass through the neck.
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain good posture
- Have your workstation evaluated for ergonomics
- Promote positivity
- Practice stress reduction
- Schedule regular spinal checkups